Monday, April 27, 2015


Wow that is a lot of stuff that is going on back home! Caleb is killing it with the whole baseball thing with all of his games it sounds like!  I was looking back on some of the memories that I have had in the past with sports and some of the experiences that I have had playing sports with my siblings and stuff this past week. I realized that in high school runners and football players just usually don't get along and actually look at each others sports in disgust... I think that it is so funny how just in our family we have runners, football players, and now baseball players and we all seem to get along for the most part. We all have our moments of getting annoyed and stuff but it is really cool how close you get to people when you live together! :) But thank you for always keeping me updated on everything going on for sure! Also I thought that it was really cool how you shared the experience that you had when you were younger with your primary teacher. In my patriarchal blessing it tells me that I will be an example to kids, and it tells me that again in my blessing from the stake president. It specifically tells me to fold my arms and close my eyes during prayers. Even those super small things are picked up on!

This past week was transfer week and I am still in the office with Elder Babcock!!! We got a new companion too named Elder Belnap and he is super awesome. We are going to have a blast this transfer, and have already had a super fun time this past week with each other! I will just kind of walk you through my week this past week and maybe you will be able to relate with all of the craziness that happened... :D

Monday: We woke up as usual and decided to go out and exercise like we usually do on a P Day. But then we got to the office and found out that we were actually really not going to get much of the P Day today... President Toone was still in the hospital and was going to be released sometime that day, but he didn't end up getting out until like 6:30 pm. We started looking at transfer board by ourselves and President Toone told us that we needed to seek the direction that the mission needs to go by ourselves this time until he gets back. We worked on the transfer board just about all day and then at 6:30 when President got back we worked on it some more! It was a day full of transfer fun for sure. We got to sleep at 11:30....

Tuesday: Today we had to get all ready to make the calls to the entire mission TONIGHT! We finalized all of our plans for the transfer and then we actually got to go out and teach on of the people that we are currently teaching here. She is super cool and so open to learning about the gospel. If there is one thing that being in the office has shown me it is that if we are doing all that we can do to get out and work in our area we will be blessed so much with the people that we will find and talk too! She is Japanese and soooooo cool!!! We always have her read/pray in Japanese and it sounds soo awesome! 
Then tonight we talked President Toone into letting us spend the night at the mission home with them! But rather than just being boring and sleeping in the mission home we got permission to camp right outside in the backyard which was way fun. President Toone was even cool enough to order us pizza that night... it was 12:30 by the time the Pizza got there!!! :D I think that we were up until about 1:30 that night... ;P

Wednesday: We spent all day today with the new missionaries that came in Yesterday. We got to have some study time with them and then had a little fireside with them that night. The fireside was super powerful and everybody who was invited had a great time! Probably one of the coolest things is that we invited on of the trainers to come to the fireside and the trainee didn't even know that he was his trainer until the next day. It was good for the trainer to get to know his trainee a little before they were companions! We were up until 1:30 again.... ;P

Thursday-Sunday: Honestly all of these days are just a huge blur because we were so busy making all of the housing arrangements and talking with all of the missionaries that got transferred... we transferred about 70 missionaries to a new area and had to combine about 8 areas in the mission. It was kind of a mad house in the office for this past week... But it all worked out and I am starting to get back onto my sleep schedule again which is good! ;D

I can't wait for this upcoming week and all of the fun that we are going to have out in our area working! We are going to go for another great week of teching and I know that we will be able to do a ton of things with our ward this week! I'M STOKED!!! Love you all tons and keep being the best family that a missionary could ever have!!! 

Love ya,
Elder Brandon Wallentine

No comments:

Post a Comment