Monday, April 20, 2015

Mommy!!!

This past week was just super crazy so most of the days I don't even really remember what happened... But it was super cool for sure! On Monday we went out and had our P Day as a district. We went and had burgers at Five Guys and then went over to the institute building and played some soccer. It is so much fun playing sports with the group of missionaries that I am with right now! But with this next transfer we are going to be getting a lot of different missionaries in our zone so we will see how that goes... :) It is super weird being on the other end of the transfers where I get to help know where everyone in the mission should be transferred too. But it is really fun for sure to get to spend all of that time with president figuring everything out. 

We had a super fun trip this week also though. We left on Tuesday night to head down to Yuma Arizona to go on some exchanges with some missionaries down there. To get to Yuma it is about a 3 hour drive so it was the longest road trip on my mission so far! It was a blast though!!! I got to drive the whole way because my companions don't really like driving, but I LOVE it! When we got down to Yuma I went on exchanges with one of the Elders that I was a zone leader for when I served in Mesa and we had a blast. I got to see a Zonkey (Zebra/Donkey) It was a super interesting thing to see here... Instantly I thought of the Liger from Napoleon Dinamite. It was awesome and we quoted that movie like all day long because of it!

Then on Wednesday night we had to come and head right back into town so that we could be in our area for Thursday. On the way back up to Tempe we stopped at some Sand Dunes and got some super cool pictures! :) That was a blast. We ended up getting home from Yuma at about 11:00pm... It was so weird being on the road past 9:00 haha. But we got back safely and got all rested up for the rest of the week.

On Friday we went on some more exchanges with some missionaries. Elder Janis went into South Phoenix, Elder Babcock stayed with a companionship in Tempe, and I got to go back to Maryvale!!! It was so much fun going back there because the missionaries that have taken over that ward just got there so I knew the area better and was able to show them around to some of the people that I taught while I served there. It was awesome and I was able to get some pictures next to some things that I had seen about 18 months ago! That is weird to think about.

Ok so even though we had all of those exchanges to go on this past week, that was not even the craziest part of the week... President and Sister Toone were in Dallas Texas for a Mission President Seminar this past week so we were kind of playing as the mission president for the whole week. Any questions that would have gone to President Toone came to us instead so that was fun... It for sure kept us busy and on our toes. But then to add on to the load when President got back into town he got really sick and has been seeing some doctors for the past few days, so we have been having to work on the transfer board by ourselves. It is a different experience for sure doing it without President Toone there. But we got to go and see him last night and he is doing awesome!!! He should be out by today so we can meet with him again!!!

Thanks for the awesome letter again and I am so glad that you guys always keep me in the loop with all of the stuff going on back home! I love you tons!

Love,
Elder Brandon Wallentine





No comments:

Post a Comment