Monday, March 16, 2015

Mommy!!!

Hey, mom so this past week was super crazy with all of the transfer things going on and stuff! Monday through Wednesday was pretty fun because Elder May and I were still killing it in out area and getting along just like we had been for the past 3 transfers. But we got a call on Tuesday night from the Assistants and President Toone giving us all of the transfer news and stuff. They said that there were 4 missionaries leaving Maricopa... 2 Elders and 2 Sisters. Then they read off all four of the missionaries names and it looked like Elder May and I were staying together for another transfer which we were super excited about! But, then we heard President Toone in the background say that Elder Wallentine will need to pack too... So I asked if I was staying a Zone Leader or not and they said that I would find out later. I WAS SO CONFUSED!!! So, we went to all of our investigators explaining to them what was happening and that they would be having another missionary come by who is still going to be super awesome just maybe not quite as good looking as me and that everything would work out. That was super fun because all of them were super understanding as they usually are!

But then when we got to the meeting on Thursday, Elder Babcock (one of the Assistants) came down from the stand and asked me if I could help him out with something. He then took me into the hallway and walked me around to a room where President and Sister Toone were waiting for me. When I got inside the room President Toone asked me if I would be willing to serve as one of his Assistants... Obviously I said yes and then went back into the meeting. It is so crazy to be in the office now though because missionary work in the office is so much different than any other kind of missionary work. I love my companions though and spending lots of time with President Toone!!! :)

Tell Tyler congratulations for me on winning the election! That will be awesome and I wish that we would have had someone as cool as him in that position when I was a senior!!! He will be so good for that and everybody will love him for sure! Other than the crazy call that I got there have just been a few more crazy things that have happened since I have been in the office. On Thursday night we got to have dinner with the missionaries that were going home with the Toones which was way fun. We got to watch a whole slideshow of pictures from their missions and then we got to just have like a little testimony meeting with them. But then they all stayed the night at our apartment so we talked a lot and then woke up bright and early to take them to the airport at 3:30. At 3:30 we woke up and then at 5:00 the Toones fed us breakfast and then by 6:00 we had to be on our way to the airport. That was the first time that I have been to the airport in 20 months. But yeah just lots of crazy stuff going on with transfer week and stuff but it is fun to be here still!!!

Oh, hey last thing for any mail and stuff you can send it to the mission office now because I will be here a lot. The address is 1875 E Del Rio Dr Tempe, Az 85282. thanks Mom and I love you!

Love You Tons,
Elder Brandon Wallentine

No comments:

Post a Comment