Monday, May 26, 2014

Hello Everyone!

I got called to serve in Tempe right next to ASU! My trainer Elder Forson got called to be one of the assistants, too, so he lives super close by me and we are actually going out to do a zone activity today as well! We are probably going to play an awesome game of basketball which is super fun because I haven’t played in such a LONG TIME! I am super stoked! But I am doing my best to get to know the area now and all of the members in it. 

My companion has been sick for the past 2 days so I have been taking care of him. But today he is feeling better and we are going with an investigator out to dinner and then to the Mesa Temple Visitors Center which will be super fun! I haven't been to the visitors center in such a long time. So I am super excited for that as well! In the past 2 days that my companion, Elder Bono, was sick I finished reading "Our Search for Happiness", and also got about 80 pages into "Jesus the Christ." Those are super good books and I am so glad that I am able to have this time of my life just to study and teach about Christ. It really helps me to get to know and love him even more than I already do. Plus "Our Search for Happiness" was the first book that I have actually read on my own all of the way through since my 6th grade year. CRAZY!!! But I think that I have finally gained some motivation to read and learn more!

Well, I will let you know how everything goes this week and I will also send you some pictures of me and my new companion next P-Day when I will have some to send! Thanks for all that you do for me mom! I love being able to count on getting a letter from you and Dad every Monday!

Love you tons,
Elder Brandon Wallentine

No comments:

Post a Comment