Monday, June 2, 2014

Hello Everyone!

Man, this week has gone by so fast. It is super crazy that I never really believed that the mission would be going by fast, and yet here I am and I am almost halfway done with my whole mission. That is super crazy to think about. But, we had a really good week and as we were out we had a few funny little things happen to us! :D NOBODY GOT HURT SO DON'T WORRY.

One of the things that happened was super funny.  We were biking around an apartment complex trying to find some people to visit and this guy drove past us and yelled, "GET A REAL JOB YOU FREAKS!"  That really surprised me, but we didn’t think too much about it.  We just continued around the complex looking for one of the member’s apartment numbers. Then we see the guy again. . . this time out of his car. He started walking up to me with a raised voice. But it was really crazy because he probably got a good 2 inches away from my face and he was yelling "WHAT! WHAT! WHAT!" at me like he was going to do something. But, I just stayed calm and kept smiling at him just saying that we are here visiting some members of our church. He then proceeded to say a bunch of useless things, so then we just said well you have a great day and headed off. It was really funny because all of those experiences really just come to help me learn that even though not everybody is going to accept the message that we share, there are always people who will and we just need to continue in DILIGENCE to find those people.


Another really funny thing that happened this week when we were just biking on one of the busier streets. ;D There was this older guy at one of the bus stops and he was smoking a cigarette and as soon as he saw that we saw him and waved to him, he threw it on the ground and put his hand behind his back like he was hiding it from us! It was so funny! Me and Elder Bono got a good laugh from that! Elder Bono is doing awesome now as well! We met a ton of our goals for this past week and are shooting to achieve the Standard of Excellence in the mission that is super high! I am super excited! We are going to work harder than ever and we will get it! :) Well, I will keep you all up to date on everything and I am super happy that I am here on my mission even though it is super hard and I am about half way done already. CRAZY! Tell everybody that I love them!

Love ya ! You guys are the BOMB DIGGIDY!

Elder Brandon Wallentine

No comments:

Post a Comment