Tuesday, September 24, 2013



Whats Up all people reading this!

I loved the package this week, and I think that it made all of the guys staying with me super jealous with all of the food and muffin mixes and stuff! Thanks a ton!!! 

I was having a super good week this week even though some things didn't happen that I was expecting and wanting to happen really bad. Oh well... things happen for a reason I guess! :) I did have some super cool experiences this week though.  Although they are not super crazy, they are just little things that meant a lot to me being out here in the mission field. 

I love being able to go over to members' houses and share a short message with them. Last night we went over and had dinner with a family after church and it was ridiculously awesome! It was a great meal and there were a ton of people there. After the meal we went in the living room and shared a message with them through object lessons and then expounding on the lessons. We shared with them an object lesson with the rat trap that I bought about temptation. You take the rat trap, set it, and put it on the floor. Then you take a newspaper or anything else you want to smash and hold it far away. The newspaper represents us and the distance between us and the trap is where god wants us to be in life. He doesn't want us to be right next to the trap because if you get close it is easier to set it off and get trapped. If we begin to give into temptations from Satan we get a little bit closer to that trap and soon we are like a millimeter away and it just takes a little thing to send us over. Once we get trapped the pressure of the trap is like the guilt that is on our shoulders after we have sinned. But through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we are able to repent and Christ helps us lift up that pressure and we can be on our way to get back to where God wants us to be again. We shared that with many families this week and I think that it is one of my favorite lessons so far. It has really helped me to understand how important the Atonement is in all of our lives. Super Awesome!!!

Another experience that I had this week just happened last night at like 8:30 pm. We were on our way over to an investigator's house and there was a man sitting down at the bus stop. He just sat down and he didn't have any shoes on and his clothes were a little torn and worn out. We stopped and asked him if there was anything that we could do for him to help him out. He quickly responded and said to me "Do you have an extra pair of socks?" I answered and said, "No, I don't have an extra pair of socks." Then we continued to talk with him. As I was thinking I was wondering why I hadn't just given him the socks that I was wearing. Then he asked again "Do you have any spare socks or shoes that I could wear?" When I realized how foolish I was that I hadn't given him my own pair of socks in the first place, I quickly answered back and said, "Here, let me take off my socks and you can have them."  He was very grateful as I took off my shoes and socks and gave my socks to him and put on my shoes and was on my way. Although we did not share a gospel message with him and we probably will never see him again, I shared something of mine and it made me feel good serving someone that I had never met before.

Well, that is about it for this week and I will make sure to keep on telling you guys all of the crazy stuff that is going on over here. Also, of course all of the awesome stuff that is going on which outweighs the crazy stuff for sure!!!
 
I love you all!!!
Adios,

Elder Wallentine

No comments:

Post a Comment