Monday, September 30, 2013




Hello Everyone!!!

That is freaking LEGIT that Tyler was able to make it to that race and that he was able to do so good. Sometimes doing sports in the rain is super fun but my preference would for sure not be running in the rain. I guess that makes Tyler a bigger man than me in that aspect :).  It has been forever since I have been to the Oregon Coast but I can almost picture how that was down there this time. That is crazy how rainy it was that whole trip, but I bet it was still a blast! 

I am super happy that all of you guys liked my experience that I had with the socks, and it is super cool for me to know that I am helping people out even just by these small and simple things. 
This week I had a few more experiences with giving a little bit to those who probably needed it more than me.

There is an area that we have not been able to make it to very much in the past that is a few miles away from our house. We decided that we were going to go and do our best to try to contact everybody that we saw on the road that night. One of the guys that we started talking to asked us to keep on talking to him and to walk with him. He mentioned that he was from the Indian Reservation and that he needed some money for food. He asked me if I could help him out. I said, "Well, let's go to the store really fast and I will buy you a little something to eat."  He said alright and we walked to a gas station that was just right down the road and I bought him two tamales.  He was super thankful and while we were at the gas station waiting for him to come out there was another man that was standing outside swearing, and drunk.  So, I walked up to him and started to talk to him so that he would stop harassing the store worker. He was saying the F word like every other word so finally I said, "Why are you swearing?"  He went on after staring at me funny for a few seconds. Then I said again, "Can you please stop swearing, I would rather not hear those words." He did the same thing so the last time I said, "Okay, stop swearing because I don't want to hear it and there is no reason to be saying those things right now!" Then he stopped and he didn't swear for the rest of the time I was talking to him. Then we walked with the guy home and we were on our way. It was amazing to me that even a man as drunk as he was just by being bold in what you believe and know to be right you can completely change the environment that you are in. Super cool!

Thanks again for all of the awesome snacks and all of the letters! I always love hearing from you guys and make sure to keep on writing to me!!!

Love you all tons!!!

Elder Wallentine

No comments:

Post a Comment