Monday, January 12, 2015

Mommy!!!

Yeah, it for sure helps to have cousins and family members setting a good example for everyone! I am just hoping that this awesome streak that we have will continue in being active in the church! :) That would be so awesome. It is really cool just how the Lord works with all of the new tools that we have as members of the church. Skype and Facebook is such an easy way to find and contact the less active members of the church! :) It is one of the best tools that we can use for sure!!! 

That is super funny about the FHE though with that talk! :P At least he started talking about God a little bit! I can only imagine what was going through your head when that came up instead of the real talk that I was talking about. If it helps the talk is by Troy Dunn. :) But it is an amazing talk and Elder May and I are actually doing another training on Thursday to the zone and also President Toone, Sister Toone, and the assistants are going to be there! It should be fun because we are basing the training on that talk! :) It should be really good and super fun! I think you guys will really like that talk though! I honestly think it would hit Tyler the hardest right now though. It gave me a whole new understanding of the plan of salvation and how I can teach it to my investigators! Its AMAZING!!! :)

It is amazing some of the things that you hear from other missionaries out here in the field! It always brings me right back to the story of Nephi and his brothers. There are always missionaries who are totally obedient to the rules, and then there are others that couldn't care less about the rules. Missionaries always seem to think that the only blessing, or the only way they can "prosper in the land" is if they get baptisms. That is so false!!! It has been amazing to see even some of the most disobedient missionaries that I have known of baptizing a ton of people. However, their own personal conversion is still the same as it was before. :( I have really focused as I have been out here on my mission to keep thinking that I am here specifically to serve with President Toone. Although some of the mission rules may seem a little bit strict, I know that those rules that he makes have been discussed with the Lord, and the Lord is saying, "Elder Wallentine needs _____ in his life, so here you go President Toone, this rule will help him prepare for _____." As I have continued to think that way the mission rules have not even been an issue. I know what they are, and I know how to keep them. I am so glad that I was taught the importance of obedience and hard work. Even though sometimes it did not come across as that when I was home. I am IMPROVING!!! :)

Anyways this past week was super good and we were able to meet a lot more people. One thing actually kind of funny that happened last week I forgot to tell you... DONT WORRY I AM FINE! :) There is this guy that we have been trying to get in contact with a lot since I have been here. He is 6' 7", Black, and super big! He is probably one of the people in the world that I would for sure not want to meet in a dark alley. Anyways we knocked on his door at about 8:00 one night and nobody answered. So we walked back to our car and got in. As soon as we started the car I looked up out of the driver side window and saw him standing outside on his porch. I jumped out of the car and said, "Hey!" Then as we got closer he recognized who we were, and said, "Oh man, I wasn't expecting anybody. Let me go and put something away." He then pulled out from behind his back a HUGE Desert Eagle Pistol, took the bullet out of the chamber and went inside. But then he came back out and invited us in and we had a good little discussion! :) It was a pretty crazy night for sure!

I LOVE YOU ALL TONS!!!

Love,
Elder Brandon Wallentine

No comments:

Post a Comment