Monday, October 6, 2014

Mommy!!!

Thank you so much for the awesome letter that you sent me once again! It was super crazy because we never really did figure out why the conference call last week was having so many big problems. It was just trying to be a pain I guess. ;) I think it was probably more operator error than anything since there were like 28 people trying to operate it at the exact same time that seems like a pretty safe bet! haha It went a lot better this morning though because I got the names of all of the Zone Leaders that I am supposed to call from now on, so then I don't have to deal with all of the frustration of getting all of the Zones together. :D That made me a little bit happier!!!

This week was a super crazy week though. Usually on Mondays it is super hard to find something to do because we are only out from 6-9 and most of the members are having FHE at that time so we can't really go and visit them unannounced or anything. haha But last Monday was one of the best Mondays that I have had in my entire mission so far because we were able to find a member of the ward that would be willing to come with us to a lesson that we had set up with this awesome lady who has been coming to church for a while with here aunt in a different area! She is really cool and I can't wait because we are meeting with her again today!!! :D I love days that you are just running around constantly trying to get around to all of the appointments that you have set up for that day. It is the best feeling ever when you are busy!

Conference was AWESOME this year! I never would have thought back home that conference would go by so fast, or that I would enjoy it so much while I am here on my mission. I loved these last sessions of conference. I found out that if I am not constantly doing something with my hands, or just moving in general I get super distracted, and lose focus really fast. So during conference I was taking lots of notes on paper instead of my iPad, and then I also started to doodle. I drew almost all of the speakers on the paper that I was taking notes on! It was super fun!!! :P 

One thing that really stood out to me is "STAY IN THE BOAT!" I thought that was super cool because there are so many things that you can get caught up on and if you just jump out of the "boat" then you cannot expect to ever understand it. God is always here to help us, and he will never turn his back on us, but if we jump out of the boat and turn our backs on Him, He cannot help us like He wants too. I love the Mormon message "Wrong Roads" by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland because it explains super well that blessings don't always come when we want them. Same with answers to our prayers. He says, "Some come soon, some come late, and some don't come til heaven. But they come!" That is so awesome to be able to know that God loves us so much that He WILL answer all of our prayers, and He WILL bless us as we follow His commandments!

So tomorrow I am going out to the Foot Doctor again to get my other toe looked at and get rid of another ingrown toe. I'm sure it will be just as enjoyable as the last time I had it done, and I am sooooo excited... NOT!!! :) But one thing that is really cool is that the Dr. that is going to be helping me is Dr. Crezee who I'm not sure if you guys remember but I Skyped you from their home last Mothers day! They are super cool and it is going to be super fun to be able to see him again tomorrow! It will be awesome! I will make sure to send you guys pictures of it! 

I LOVE YOU TONS!!!

Love,
Elder Brandon Wallentine



No comments:

Post a Comment