Monday, April 7, 2014

Hello Everyone!!!

It is super good to hear from you!  It is super awesome to be able to hear what is going on back home and how you all liked conference! Conference definitely had a super different impact on me this time than I think it really ever has before! The first day on Saturday was super good talking about technology and repentance! It was super cool! :D I wrote down some really good notes so I will be able to post up on Facebook some of my favorite quotes from conference! I especially liked Elder Bednar's talk about the "Load." It gave me a completely different outlook on my struggles and my short comings here in life. I never really thought about us not really being able to do anything without our own personal "Loads" in this life. Even though sometimes we can be so heavily loaded that it seems like we cannot even get out of bed in the morning. It is nice to know that not all of the load has to be on us as long as we just let the Atonement into our lives! As we do that then our weaknesses can be made strong! 

I had a really cool experience with the scripture Helaman 5:12 this weekend. On Friday night we were meeting with someone that we are teaching and she was talking about a disaster that had happened and how it made her just feel awful. We talked for a while and I felt like I needed to share that scripture with her. It has always been my favorite since seminary, which is why I also chose to put that one on my missionary plaque back home! :) But then when we went to conference that scripture was repeated 2-3 times! It was really cool to be able to see how important it is to have Christ as our "FIRM FOUNDATION" and even though it is really hard to do that sometimes we will always be better off as we do it!

Early on this transfer we found out that Elder Roberts, my companion, had recieved his Visa to go off to India where he was originally called to serve! It is so crazy how fast time went because Sunday night I had to take him to the mission home to drop him off so that he could go and catch his flight this morning at 6:30. CRAZY!!! So now he is on his way to his mission field and it was so cool to be able to serve with him! He was a really cool companion! :) Right now I am in a triple companionship with the other 2 Elders that live with us for the next couple of days until I get my new companion at transfer meeting! GUESS WHAT!!! .............I......................................................................................AM..................................................................................TRAINING.................................AGAIN..........................................AND.....................................I...................AM..........................................................................................A...............................DISTRICT..................................................LEADER................................AT........................................THE.........................................SAME...........................................TIME!!!  It is going to be super crazy and it is really cool that I am able to have the chance to be able to train so many new missionaries! This is my 4th "son" (trainee) on my mission! :) I love training because all of the new missionaries always have something that the other missionaries call "GREENIE FIRE" to where they are just pumped up and ready to go out and work! It is also really fun because then I know that I have to be the best missionary that I can possibly be and make sure to keep all of the rules so that the missionaries that I train are the MOST OBEDIENT missionaries in the Arizona Tempe mission! I am STOKED! :)

Before Elder Roberts left we got a call from President Toone on Tuesday night and he wanted to know if since Elder Roberts is leaving soon, if we would like to join him and the other missionaries who are leaving this transfer for a session at the GILBERT TEMPLE! :) So obviously in a really not excited voice we assured him that I guess if nothing else comes up that we would come with him to the temple! ;b JK We were super excited!!! When we were driving over to Gilbert it was super cool because you can see the angel Moroni from the freeway! So you know exactly where to go to get to it! It was the most beautiful Temple that I have ever seen and I am so grateful that I finally had the opportunity to go inside it and perform ordinances so that everybody is given the chance to ACCEPT or REJECT the truth! It was super awesome! Well, that is about it that went on this week and I am just looking forward to meeting my new companion here on Wednesday! :) 

Make sure that everybody back home knows that I am doing awesome and I am for sure keeping a smile on my face! I miss you guys, but I would rather not be anywhere else other than here right now! :)

Elder Brandon Wallentine


No comments:

Post a Comment