Monday, April 21, 2014

Hello Everyone! 
That is super cool how that turned out so well for G & G's anniversary! I am super happy that you guys were all able to go and that I had a picture there to represent me! :) That sounds like it was a blast! Those pictures of the quilt look really cool too. That must have taken quite a bit of time. But looks like it was totally worth it so GOOD JOB mom! I love that picture that is on there of our family because I think that is the picture that I have of us out here on my mission as well! I haven't looked at the pictures that I have in a while but when I do it is really fun to see everyone again for sure! I just recently looked at some of the pictures that the Elwood's have of me the night before I left for the MTC and it is so funny to me because I can remember like everything that we did that night and what I did in the MTC, but I cannot remember what happened like last week. ;) I must be getting old already! haha That is super scary about what happened to Jackson though and I am super happy that he is ok. I remember one time I was out on a camp out for scouts and we were going fishing and trying to catch frogs in a little pond. Under the water there was like a broken barbed wire fence and I just so happened to step on it. That wasn't even fun to feel going into my foot so I can't even imagine how it felt for him running into it. 

This week was pretty fun for me though because it was my first week that I actually did things that a District Leader does. I got to go on exchanges with the Zone Leaders on Wednesday night this week to Thursday night and it was super fun. At the very beginning of my mission I always thought that when you have to go with the Zone Leaders it was always a bad thing and it meant that you are in trouble or something. But it was super fun because I have some really cool Zone Leaders and we went and were able to find a few people. For dinner that night we went out to a members house in the singles ward where the Zone Leaders serve and we had some Macaroni! It was super good just to have some of that since I haven't had it in quite a while! :) I remember when you used to just make some Macaroni and cheese with some hot dogs in it! That stuff was DELICIOUS! I just wish that I would have known how much i really liked it while I was home so that I could have eaten more of it! But the members in the ward that I am serving in are super cool and we get fed about every night here! They make sure to try to get us nice and FAT!

Then on Friday we went on exchanges again with some of the Elders in my district which was super fun. I let my companion take a break and he got to leave the area and go into the other Elders area so he didn't have to worry about knowing directions and stuff. But he is learning his way around really fast which is super awesome! :) But we went out and we were actually able to get into some houses and it was super fun to be able to share messages with some of the people that we have not even ever met before! That was a blast! Then what made the night was when we were heading back on our bikes to the car in the apartment complex we were in we saw some chairs sitting next to the trash can. So we went over and made sure that they were not broken or anything and that they didn't stink or have anything gross on them. They were perfectly good chairs and so we took them and carried them on our bikes to the car and took them home! :) It was a great find! It was pretty funny!

I am still loving the mission even though it is super hard to be away from all of you guys (family & friends). Oh and you will be happy to know that we were well taken care of for Easter dinner and stuff yesterday! We got invited over to a families house in the ward who usually has had us over for the holidays! :) They had a fun little game that they did instead of the Easter egg hunt. The mom hid all of these clues all around the house that led them all over the house and also all the way down the street and then once they find the last clue then they get their Easter baskets! It was super fun and I think that is something that I want to try to do with my kids when I get older and stuff! :) I think the classic Easter egg hunts are for sure best for the little kids and I always loved them when I was little, but this is really cool with the teenagers and stuff! :) Anyways I love you all and I am so happy that I have this chance to come out for 2 years to be able to spread the things that I know to be true! You guys are all awesome and I cant wait to hear back from all of you! :)

Love,

Elder Brandon Wallentine

No comments:

Post a Comment