Monday, February 3, 2014

Hey Everybody!

This week was a super good week for me! I was really able to focus on the positive side of things rather than the negative which is what I usually do, but it seemed to be a little better for me this last week! I am always super happy when we go into a member's home over here, and the first thing they do is invite us in and ask if we need a glass of water? It is awesome to be able to have so many members that you can count on! :) 

It has really hit me this week and last week on how important the members are in missionary work! If we do not use members and if members do not come out with us then the people that we teach are not going to feel as welcome as they would if there was someone there that they could relate to a little bit better! 

I never realized how people see missionaries until recently as well! Well, I guess in the last 6 months. People always think that we are either perfect or that we are little stuck up brats dressed all nicely! It is pretty funny the reactions we get when they actually talk to us and realize that we are not so weird after all, just a little odd! haha :) We had one guy talk to us this week and he didn't even know who we were. He was like "Why are you guys all dressed nice and matching too?" So we explained that we were missionaries and told him what we do while we are on our missions! He wasn't interested, but it is always nice when you are able to bare your testimony to others even if they are complete strangers!

We also went on exchanges with the District Leader this week on Thursday and this time I got to go over to his area! That was super fun because the last 2 times it was always me staying in my area and my companion going to the others. :) When I was there, we saw this family who was moving. We asked if they needed any help moving or with anything. They said "Wait, you want to help us?" We assured them that yes, we do want to help them and we will do whatever they need us to. So we began to go inside the house and grab things to carry out to the truck and soon one of the ladies asked, "So in your church blacks can't be members, right?" We were able to teach her that they can and that everybody is welcome! She is now taking the discussions from my district leader and his companion! It was a really good experience! 

Also, when I was on exchanges we went to the Bishop's house for dinner! The bishop was so cool and his family is awesome! He owns the business that provided the concrete to build the Gilbert Temple! It was really cool to talk to him about that! Then he took us out into his back yard to show us his swimming pool. I wish that I took a picture because it was the coolest one I think I have ever seen. It was exactly like the one that is at sea world with the whale! Giant pool with a giant glass wall on the side! It's awesome! It even has water flowing over the glass wall so that it is like a waterfall too! Way cool! :)

We have been teaching a lot of people still, and also people on Facebook! There is still that one kid from high school that I am teaching and Natalie Laws is actually getting him in contact with the missionaries over there right now and they are going to go with him and her to show him around the church tomorrow! It is going to be such a cool experience for him! I hope that it all works out! Well if you guys know of anybody that would like to talk about the church, or has any questions about anything, then share my Facebook with them and inform then that I am a missionary and I will answer the questions that they have!!! :) It is still so weird that we are able to use Facebook on the mission now! But it is a really good idea! I am so glad that I get to hear from you every Monday for my whole mission! :) I love you a ton!

Love,

Elder Brandon Wallentine

No comments:

Post a Comment