Monday, February 17, 2014

Hello Everybody!!

There is a family we are teaching right now that have 2 little boys and a baby girl.  We had lost contact with them for a couple of weeks.  Every time that we go over there the kids are so excited to see me and they are always giving me high-fives and telling me that they missed me if we haven't been there in a couple of days! It is pretty awesome! :) We stopped by on Saturday, and I had given myself a haircut (which I taught myself how to do) and one of the boys was like "Hey, did you get a haircut?" I said, "Yes, I sure did!" Then he responded with, "Wow, your white!" The family is an African American family and so it was really funny for me to be on the receiving end of that! 

Oh, and just so you know I got your package that you guys sent to me and I Loved it!!! I got a package from the Kohler's too, so it was awesome to be able to read all of the Valentines day ones! I loved Caleb's that told me that it would be just wrong for me to be his Valentine! :) That made me laugh! 

I really appreciate you guys keeping me in all of your prayers and I can tell that it for sure helps because yesterday at church I had a really cool thing happen! After our service was over we left with the 1st counselor in the Bishopric to go and visit JB. But he wasn't home, so we just asked to be dropped back off at the church so that we could walk to our next appointment! :) When we walked in,  there was a member family inside that had another guy with them that they had taken to the Gilbert Temple open house! He said for us to give him a call and set up a time that we can come over and teach him! I am super duper excited! :)

Here in Arizona it is now starting to get hot again and I could really use some snow right now! :) Today it is supposed to be 89 degrees! BURNING HOT. . . WHERE DID THE WINTER GO!  Oh wait I guess that winter left the very second I stepped off the plane here in Arizona, huh? :D It is nice to be able to go around in short sleeves though. I like that part!

Oh man, I almost forgot to tell you guys what happened to me last P-Day!!!! So, we decided to have a Zone Activity that day and we were playing kick ball in the gym. It was a blast and we were all energized and ready to go! It was super crazy and we were having probably close to the most fun that I have ever had on a P-Day in this Zone! Then something kinda funny happened! There was a ton of those big carts that were filled up with chairs that stood about 6 feet high right behind the first base. When I kicked the ball I ran really fast to the first base and the ball got thrown at me. The ball is about 1.5 feet in diameter and it is big and rubber. When they threw it at me I jumped in the air to try to dodge it, but it hit my legs and my legs went out from under me (still airborne), then I ran into the chair representing 1st base and then it sent me flying toward the giant chair racks. I HIT them super hard with my head and also with my shoulder. Everybody thought that I had a concussion because I was a little bit dizzy, but I thought that I was fine. The Zone Leaders made me sit out for a bit anyways. I sat for about 1 minute and then got bored and went back to playing. I had a huge goose egg on my head and on my shoulder which hurt pretty bad, but now it is starting to heal! So I'm good! It was really fun and I super underestimated the thickness of my head! :) #headofsteel 

Well, that is about it for me this week! Thanks a ton for writing to me and keep it up! 

Love,
Elder Wallentine

No comments:

Post a Comment