Monday, December 8, 2014

Mommy!!!

It was really cool with how smoothly the Thanksgiving dinner went though. The family worked super hard all day to prepare the meal since they were not originally planning on 4 missionaries coming over too. They pulled it off super nicely! Elder May and I had a blast because we were able to keep the little boy entertained while the parents were finishing up dinner (btw we did offer to help with the food)!!! :D The little boy is about 2 years old and he kept on playing with dinosaurs with us! One super funny thing that he did is he took like this little toy temple, and he put it on his head and yelled, "I'M THE TEMPLE!!!" Totally would not have been nearly as funny if I had done it, but he pulled it off!

That's super funny that the missionaries there are in a triple companionship! I always hate when I am put in those!!! It is super fun depending on who you are with, but it is always a little bit more awkward when you go up to a door, or someone on the street with 3 missionaries. I feel like people find it super intimidating! haha But I am sure that they are all great missionaries and they will do just fine in that companionship!

This past week was a pretty good week! We are teaching some really cool people this week, but are also kind of struggling with finding people in our area... Our area is still the best in the entire world though!!! :) I love the ward that we are in, and all of the members are super supportive of the missionary work that is going on here! I really appreciate that! I can’t wait for this next week and all of the miracles that are going to happen! Tuesday was a super rough day though for sure! We had like 7 appointments set up with some people, and only 1 of them actually happened... :( But I told Elder May, "Its a good thing that we are the HAPPIEST MISSIONARIES in the MISSION!" President Toone sure knew what he was doing when he put us here together! 

One thing that is super cool though about this past transfer is that although we are struggling with finding some new people to teach and all, the zone is doing amazing things!!! There is a place here called Gila Bend that is a super small town where everybody knows everybody! The missionaries there have not baptized in a super long time. But everybody has been so excited this past month, and they have 2 people getting baptized this next weekend!!! I am so excited for them!!! Oh and no big deal... I INTERVIEWED SANTA FOR BAPTISM!!! The guy that I interviewed down in Gila Bend plays Santa at all of the schools and old folks homes down there, and also up here in Maricopa! It was super funny!!! :) Thanks for all that you do and I love you so much!!!

Love you tons,
Elder Brandon Wallentine

No comments:

Post a Comment